Welcome to the very Autumnal edition of Bitesize news where we bring you the latest snippets from the foody scene in Oxford:
- Mission Burrito will be running a new special – Ancho Chile Beef – through November. The Red Onion and Habanero pickle is now a permanent fixture on the menu and corn tortillas are now on the menu as a gluten free option.
- The Bat and Ball in Cuddesdon is launching a new VIP card which is free to sign up for, and members get discounts and exclusive offers. The card goes live in November.
- The Cherwell Boat House is hosting a Game tasting dinner on the 30th of October. They also recently won the good food guide best wine list – well worth a try!
- Ghurka Village recently won third place in the best Restaurant awards in Oxford.
- The Oxford Bake-Off had 156 bakers take part this year, raising just over £4000 in the process – great work!
- Zappi’s Cafe are now running guest Espressos monthly from various roasters alongside their house blend. Zappi’s are aming to show customers how different coffee can be.
- The White Rabbit now has a new daytime sandwich menu – grilled flat-bread paninis made with home-made bread and fresh fillings, served with a side salad. They have also launched two new pizzas – Mediterranean Calzone and Pizza Regina.
- The Royal Oak has made a change to the quiz, meaning it only costs £1 to enter, and they are raising money for charities. They also still have daily changing specials on going.
- Atomic Burger is hard at work on the November Doctor Who special and also there will be a Pumpkin Spice Shake ready in time for Halloween.
- The Fishes are running a number of events over the next couple of months including an Autumn Menu Tasting Dinner, The Best Steak Night Ever and a Bonfire night event.
That’s all folks!